MCYS Service Regions and CYMH Service Areas
The Service Regions replaced nine Service Delivery Divisions Regions and four Youth Justice Services Division Regions. The CYMH Service Areas were defined on the basis of the projected population of children and youth in Statistics Canada’s census divisions.
In June 2017, the Ministry of Finance published its population projections (2016 – 2041) for each census division in Ontario. From these data, we have derived the following projections for children and youth 0 to 17 years old in each Service Region and CYMH Service Area:
- projected total population
- projected population of 0 to 17 year old children and youth
- projected share of the total population represented by 0 to 17 year old children and youth
- projected annual growth in the population of 0 to 17 year old children and youth
- projected annual rate of growth (per cent) in the population of 0 to 17 year old children and youth
We have also calculated the land area of each MCYS Service Region and CYMH Service Area in Ontario to derive:
- projected population densities (person per sq. km.) for 0 to 17 year old children and youth
Free and Open Service for Us
We are happy to share our population projections for each Service Region and CYMH Service Area in Ontario in a set of Comma-Separated Values (CSV-UTF-8) files:
Both sets of population projections are also available in a single Open Data Format (ODF) file. The ODF format is supported by Libre Office, a free and open source alternative to Microsoft Office, that we encourage everyone to consider using.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Readers are free to access, modify, and re-use our population projections for MCYS Service Regions and CYMH Service Areas in Ontario.